Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategy and Governance
A global pharmaceutical company desired a revamp of its Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) strategy to support its Compliance organization.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is a key value for our client, a leading global pharmaceutical company. Given the size and breadth of the organization, many of its sub-sectors also engage in individual DEI efforts and activities. Acquis was tasked with formalizing the organization’s DEI strategy and governance for their Compliance organization, including aligning several sub-sectors in order to push forward measurable results and outcomes.
Acquis defined a formal program management framework, led the execution of the framework, and provided key strategic insight for the organization’s DEI roll-out including:
- Current State Assessment: Understanding past DEI initiatives, including what has been done, successes, and failures
- Future State Visioning and Ideation: Facilitating workshops to identify and prioritize key initiatives for 2022
- DEI Strategy Development: Defining a DEI roadmap, governance framework, and associated accountability structures
- Program and Project Management: Developing a DEI program management framework with tools and templates to monitor and track project statuses; managing all facets of program execution
- DEI Advisory and Subject Matter Expertise (SME): Partnering with leadership to innovate, brainstorm, and define ideas and solutions to advance DEI goals and objectives; delivering recommendations on defined DEI programs and initiatives, including, but not limited to organizational training & development and the launch of new partnerships and recruitment efforts within historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
With support from Acquis, the organization was able to realize its vision of establishing a formal DEI governance and reporting structure, identifying priority initiatives for the organization and sub-sectors, and adopting DEI best practices tailored for the Compliance organization’s unique business needs.