Updated: April 1, 2021
Collection of Information
Identification Information. When you interact with Acquis through our Website or services, you may provide or we may collect information that identifies you, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- Postal Address
- IP Address
Professional and employment-related information. This includes information describing your current employer, title and work history. For example, we may collect this information when you submit a resume seeking employment with Acquis.
Other Information: We also collect other information you may voluntarily provide, such as when we receive your communications with us (e.g. through email, feedback, social media, filling out a web form or other forms of communication).
Information from third parties (such as, from your employer): We may also receive information about you from third party sources, including from your employer or from public record sources. For example, your employer may provide your information to us, such as in connection with our services.
How do we use this information?
We use the information and data we collect principally in order to provide our Website and services. More specifically, we may use your personal information to:
- Communicate with you regarding our services and with respect to your questions and requests, including sending you newsletters and alerts;
- Operate our Website, provide our services, and publish content;
- Distribute content to you in accordance with your preferences as well as to provide other notifications to you (for example, updates about our policies and terms);
- Measure usage of the Website;
- If you provide us with a resume or other information related to a job request, we will use that information to evaluate your submission;
- Provide for the safety and security of our Website and services;
- Conduct research and similar activities to improve our Website and services;
- Comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities and to enforce our rights;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide your information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How We Protect Your Information
- Your information may be shared to parties who support our business, such as professional advisors as well as to web-hosting providers, analytics providers, customer-relationship management software providers and other similar information technology providers.
- Any court, governmental authority, law enforcement agency or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights, the rights of any third party or individuals’ personal safety, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or safety issues.
- To our affiliated entities and in connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of our company or one of our businesses and of their assets.
- To any other third parties where you have provided your consent.
Acquis Consulting takes reasonable and appropriate precautions to ensure that user information is protected from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We restrict access to user information to those individuals who reasonably need access to perform their job functions. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free.
Our Website and services are not directed at children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 through our Website and/or services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided personal information to us, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Links to Other Websites
Use of Google’s reCAPTCHA
Information for European Residents
- Transferring Your Personal Information Internationally: If you are a resident of the European Union or the United Kingdom (“UK”), your information may be transferred both within and outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and the UK (including to the USA). When we transfer your personal information outside the EEA we will put in place appropriate safeguards, in accordance with our legal obligations. These safeguards may include obtaining contractual assurances from any third party given access to your personal information that your personal information will be protected by standards which are equivalent to those that protect your personal information when it is in the EEA or the UK.
- Right of Access/Portability: You can ask to review details about the information we hold about you and how that information has been used and disclosed. Note that we may request to verify your identification before fulfilling your request. You can also request that your personal information is provided to you in a commonly used electronic format so that you can share it with other organizations.
- Right to Correct Information: You may ask that we make corrections to any information we hold, if you believe such correction to be necessary.
- Right to Restrict Our Processing or Erasure of Information: You also have the right in certain circumstances to ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or to erase your personal information. Where you have consented to our use of your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
You can make a request to exercise any of these rights by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will make all practical efforts to respect your wishes. There may be times, however, where we are not able to fulfill your request, for example, if applicable law prohibits our compliance. Please note that Acquis Consulting does not use “automatic decision making” or “profiling” as those terms are defined in the GDPR.
Information for California Residents (CCPA Disclosure)
Sale of Personal Information
In the past 12 months, we have not “sold” Personal Information subject to the CCPA, including Personal Information of minors under the age of 16. For purposes of this Disclosure, “sold” means the disclosure of Personal Information to a third-party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Rights under the CCPA
If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
- Request we disclose to you free of charge the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- the categories of Personal Information about you that we collected;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
- the purposes for collecting Personal Information about you;
- the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed Personal Information about you and the categories of Personal Information that was disclosed (if applicable) and the purpose for disclosing the Personal Information about you; and
- the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- Request we delete Personal Information we collected from you, unless the CCPA recognizes an exception; and
- Be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
We will acknowledge receipt of your request and advise you how long we expect it will take to respond if we are able to verify your identity. Requests for specific pieces of Personal Information will require additional information to verify your identity. We will work to process all verified requests within 45 days pursuant to the CCPA. If we need an extension for up to an additional 45 days in order to process your request, we will provide you with an explanation for the delay.
If you submit a request on behalf of another person, we may require proof of authorization and verification of identity directly from the person for whom you are submitting a request.
In some instances, we may not be able to honor your request, and we will advise you of that fact in our response. For example, we will not honor your request if we cannot verify your identity or if we cannot verify that you have the authority to make a request on behalf of another individual. Additionally, we will not honor your request where an exception applies, such as where the disclosure of Personal Information would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of another consumer or where the Personal Information that we maintain about you is not subject to the CCPA’s access or deletion rights.
How to Exercise Your Rights
If you are a California resident, you may submit a request by emailing your request to Privacy@AcquisConsulting.com.
Access/Correct/Update/Delete Personal Information (Information for Residents Outside of Europe and California)
If you would like to learn what personal information Acquis has collected about you and who me may have shared your personal information with, you can send an e-mail to Privacy@AcquisConsulting.com. We will be in contact with you (by email, mail or otherwise) to verify your identity and provide you the information you request. We will respond within 45 days to your request for access to your personal information. If you would like to have us remove your personal information, you may send an e-mail to Privacy@AcquisConsulting.com, although, please note that such a request may impact your ability to continue to receive services. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Some browsers have incorporated a Do Not Track (DNT) feature. These features, when turned on, send a signal that you prefer that the website you are visiting not collect and use data regarding your online searching and browsing activities. As there is not yet a common understanding on how to interpret the DNT signal, we currently do not respond to DNT signals on our site.
Social Media Features
Contacting Acquis Consulting