One of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world was seeking to optimize its alignment of the central medical affairs function with its local market companies across the globe.
With operations in +100 countries and more than 2,500 medical resources, the client wanted to:
- Centralize budget authority and accountability; and
- Position the team for local responsiveness; while
- Delivering innovation and reliable support through the centralized function
The client sought a partner to co-develop a future state strategy that would allow the company to realize its medical objectives.
Global leadership was eager to understand the core competencies and unmet needs of the medical affairs function.
Think + Do Approach
Acquis conducted several multi-stakeholder workshops.
Acquis collaborated with the client to recalibrate the central and worldwide leadership engagement and built out a strategy office to manage the change and align the organization to new performance metrics.
For new positions created through the reorganization, we first provided auxiliary support and strategic resourcing and then helped the client scale to the new organizational footprint.
Projects and functional touchpoints included:
- Compensation Strategy & Alignment (Human Resources)
- Business Reporting Optimization (Product Support)
- Program Management (Sales, Client Delivery, Client Education, Technology Services)
- Systems Implementation (Sales, Client Delivery, Product Support, Strategy & Operations)
- Client completed the first phase of its three phased organizational transformation effort and positioned the medical affairs function to support continued growth.
- Together, we have developed the first ever worldwide medical leadership council to co-prioritize studies and budgets, separately from brands, for executive leadership endorsement.
- Client has continued to engage us in this multi-year effort to support the change efforts and drive new efficiencies and effectiveness throughout the enterprise.