A premium cable television network company with significant international presence
Media & Entertainment
A well-known, international media company needed to simplify the procure-to-pay (P2P) process due to the accumulation of exception processes and complex international payment regulations. High-level challenges included:
• Limited resource bandwidth, since key project resources were already deployed on other strategies initiatives;
• The need to integrate the new P2P system with its ERP modules to complete the financial cycle with minimum risk and impact to the organization;
• Ensuring compliance with internal control requirements while collecting the necessary information to enable payments.
Approach: Think + Do
Acquis began by documenting the layout of existing financial systems and payment processes to identify key data flow requirements. We then developed options for the future state to determine the optimal technical integration approach. With clearly defined risks and benefits for each option, management could make a well-informed decision before moving ahead with the design and implementation.
Acquis collaborated with the project team to design and execute effective testing, training, and deployment strategies for the new system. We supported overall project management and business analysis activities when the client team experienced resource constraints.
Acquis provided support across all project work streams, delivering outcomes including:
• Designing a more streamlined and scalable approach to assign access to vendors;
• Instituting PO-to-invoice matching rules to comply with the procurement policy;
• Identifying key data fields and mapping requirements for successful system integration.